Monday, July 11, 2005

Famous Relative ?

I have been asked many times if I am related to Toussaint Charbonneau, who was a member of the Lewis and Clark Expedition. My daughter Molly has finally found the connection, and a chart for defining the relationship. This chart establishes that I am his third cousin, five times removed. This means that I am five generations from Toussaint's third cousin. One of his grandfathers and one of my grandfathers were brothers.
The reason for the ? after the title was that Toussaint was not a sterling character. He had a couple of wives and was not too nice to them, and he may have tipped over a canoe on the expedition and lost valuable equipment. If you do a web search on his name, you will find lots of details on his performance, little that is complimentary.

3 Comments:

Blogger bcfb08btrs said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:34 PM  
Blogger travisdean1961 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://www.juicyfruiter.blogspot.com

12:55 PM  
Blogger ba6lg35ilij said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home